Wednesday, September 3, 2008

FACING THE GIANTS... or KING'S.... or TRIALS... in the DESERT of life!




WOW! Mark & I were blessed to attend HILLSONG UNITED CONFERENCE in Toronto, ON on Saturday August 30th, 2008. (Our 5th Wedding Anniversary!) We were in awe of HILLSONG and the worship and the presence of God with tons of Christians worshipping along with them. Beyond words and comprehension...




Anyway, it was a Conference as well as the Concert at the end of the night. Pastor Brian Houston and Joel Houston were the Main speakers, and they shared their passion and their heart. WOW! Pastor Brian taught us about "TAKING THE TERRITORY" on Saturday Morning. He spoke on the KING'S that Joshua had to face in taking the territory to get to the Promised Land. There were 31 Kings that Joshua came against. He reminded us that there will always be opposition and pain. The Bible says, "Every place you put the sole of your foot, I will give to you", which was a promise from God to Joshua, but also to us. He also stated that "If you gain territory, someone is losing it. (satan)" There were many "KINGS" he has faced in his life and in his ministry with his wife Bobbie. (for more info on Pastor Brian and Bobbie see Wikipedia -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Houston_(pastor) ). He stated that the generation is coming who will stand firm. We need to stand against the Kings in our lives... Example KINGS are; King over demonic activity; King over stress & anxiety; King over lonliness; King over temptation; King over disillusionment; King over discouragement; etc... There are 3 things that are Crucial to us taking the territory, to fight against the KINGS that we may come up against: 1 - HUMILITY (1 Peter 5: 5-6) 2 - HONESTY (James 5:16) and 3 - HOLY SPIRIT (Acts 10:38) --- God has great things in store.

WOW.... so true! We have faced a few KINGS in our ministry these 5 years together, and I didn't know how quickly I would face KINGS again in my life.

We have been in a DESERT for a while... and now we are trusting in God for a release, and a new change and beginning for us, to flow in the area of ministry that God is calling us towards. For those of you that do not know, Mark and I resigned from our Pastoral position at King Street Community Church. We are not moving on to another Pastoral position as of yet, but we will be making a home at another church, which we will obviously assist in the ways they need us, according to our giftings and talents. We are excited about this NEW BEGINNING... and we know that we are following the Will of God for us, by taking this step of faith. We have to WALK the TALK now... we always said that God is our Healer and Provider, but now we have to stand in the faith and believe that to be true, as resigning from the paid position will be taking money away from our monthly income towards rent. But we know that "all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28), and we are trusting God to provide what we need.

More recently we have come against another KING, who will indeed bow to the name of Jesus. We are claiming the victory that God has given us in this situation. At the conference, we also heard one of the new songs on the new Hillsong CD, "This is Our God", called "THE DESERT SONG". The words of the song are amazing, and oh so true, and just what I needed for this situation that I am involved in.

The Desert Song
Brooke Fraser (Ligertwood)

Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger & need
My God is the God who provides

Verse 2:
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame


Chorus:
I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

Verse 3:
This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

Written by Brooke Fraser (Ligertwood)
Sung by Brooke Fraser/Ligertwood & Jill McCloghry

"All of my life, in every season, YOU ARE STILL GOD, and I have a reason to sing, and I have a reason to worship. I will bring praise, NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL REMAIN!" Those words I sang over and over, while I prayed to God for deliverance from this situation, and for His peace to flow over me. WOW! God does answer prayer, and I know that this is an attack from the devil, 'cause we are taking the territory, and he's mad that he is losing ground. I know that God will prove faithful, when I prove faithful. In James there is a verse regarding facing trials and tests... "When your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow." James 1:3

So I will continue to trust in God, and WALK the WALK and TALK the TALK... and WALK the TALK, so that my life will prove faithful in the test, and I will be an example to the world of the faithfulness of God. I know that I am not alone in this struggle... because NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD!

Some Bible verses that are helping me (and will help you when you face TRIALS, or GIANTS, or KINGS) are:

- "We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going." 2 Corinthians 4:9 (NLT)

- "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. " James 1:2-8 (NIV)

- "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12 (NIV)

- "God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way." Matthew 5:10-12 (NLT)

- "Now, who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their threats. Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it. But do this in a gentle and respectful way. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong! Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit." 1 Peter 3:13-18 (NLT)

- "Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

- "Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:4

- Romans 12 (see next blog regarding this one)

- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

- "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

- "He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you— the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:3-8

- "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea." Psalm 46:1-2

- "Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world." 1 Peter 4:12-13 (NLT)

- "This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

- All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:5-6

- "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8

- "Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others." Colossians 3:13

- "Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

So in the end, I am thankful for my trials, giants and Kings... because they allow me to show that God is real, and that He is in control. However things may turn out, I know that I will trust in the Lord forever and ever. Just like JOB, who was a faithful man of God, when times of trials came, I stand firm and say, "BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!" To God be the glory in all of this, is my prayer!

Please keep Mark and I in your thoughts and prayers, in our new adventure... and for this situation as well. For wisdom, truth, and discernment to be shown, and God's love to be poured out on all involved.

THANKS!

"May the Lord keep watch between you and me while we are away from each other"







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My MP3 Tunes... Just click PLAY and enjoy!

GOD IS ALWAYS THERE!

X and O

Place your mouse on the X below, click, and drag to the O.

X Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

XO XO GOD IS LOVE!! XO XO

Be blessed today and always!
Mitzi