Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memory Loss........... now what was I saying?

** POSSIBLE KLEENEX ALERT!**

Hey, who are you? Do I know you??
(Most likely not if you are just browsing... so it's okay!)

MEMORY LOSS is a sad thing. I know it sucks when you forget little things throughout the day, like "where's my keys?" or "Why did I come in this room?" or "What's his name again?"... but there are two major forms of memory loss...

LONG TERM MEMORY LOSS & SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS


Short Term Memory Loss would SUCK, and be really sad.... although you wouldn't remember you had it, so maybe not? Waking up one morning and it's for example SUNDAY and then waking up each morning there after, and you still think it's Sunday because you can't remember anything short term. It would even suck if you couldn't remember things past 10 seconds....

Why am I saying this, what does this all mean?

Where is this random topic of conversation coming from???

Mark and I finally watched 50 FIRST DATES with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Now the story is cute, and really stinking funny (especially the part where Drew's character Lucy gets to beat up Rob Schneider's character Ula on the side of the road).... but the emotional side of me took hold hard of the thought of someone seriously having Short Term Memory Loss. Could you imagine going through your life not knowing who people are, or knowing anything other than what you normally do? WOW! It makes you NOT take your life for granted.



For those of you who haven't seen the movie yet, I won't ruin it for you... so I won't tell details. But seriously, if you haven't watched it you should. It's a great movie!!

Each day is a GIFT from God, and use it accordingly. WOW!! I remember back to when my maternal Grandma had her strokes and aneurysms and lost her memory of even who we were. It was a sad time for my family, and those who were her children, and she couldn't even remember who they were, or even that they were her children. I remember that my name was one of the first ones she re-learned, and then she would call everyone that name, because I used to visit her, and she used to visit me quite frequently. She didn't know any better, but it would frustrate other family members to no end, especially when she called them by my name. She is in Heaven now, and has full capabilities now as she walks on the streets of Gold... and one day I will see her again, and she will remember me!

I personally would hate to have MEMORY LOSS, as I have so many good memories... and would love to make more! THANK YOU LORD FOR MY MEMORY!! =)
Take time to cherish with your family, and your friends. Sorry if this blog made you cry.... Crying is good every now and then. It is a GOOD release!!

Be blessed and have a great week!

~Mitzi

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My MP3 Tunes... Just click PLAY and enjoy!

GOD IS ALWAYS THERE!

X and O

Place your mouse on the X below, click, and drag to the O.

X Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

XO XO GOD IS LOVE!! XO XO

Be blessed today and always!
Mitzi