Thursday, August 7, 2008

I AM "KINGDOM BOUND"!!

WEHOO! Mark and I (and a couple of our Young Adults/friends) just returned from DARIEN LAKE in New York where we attended KINGDOM BOUND!! WOW! It was my very first time attending KINGDOM BOUND and I was amazed! The park itself is amazing, all the rides, and games... and yummy food, and friendly people! But adding to the park was all the amazing concerts, speakers, merchandise, Enemy Opposition Bike/Skateboard tricks, and more!! I am soooo glad that we had 4 days to do it all in, 'cause my body is sooooooo tired. But I would so go through it all over again if I had to! WOW!

Of course my favourite CONCERT performance was .....(drum roll) the NEWSBOYS!!!! Oh my word!!! They surpassed the excitement that I had for their concert at the BIG TICKET. I was ready this time for Duncan and his DRUM FUN....(for lack of a better term), and Peter and his drum solo, but I wasn't ready for the two of them to be on raised platforms. WOW! It was so amazing! I had the batteries in the camera this time, and I got to see the entire spinning of Duncan and his drumset.... and I got lots of pictures of course! THE NEWSBOYS are amazing!! I even felt like a true CANADIAN 'cause I bought and wore a NEWSBOYS touque, and everyone looked at me weird cause it was soooooooooo hot!!

My favourite SPEAKER was CAROL McLEOD (from Just Joy Ministries) - I also enjoyed the Worship as well lead by Kelly, Kerri and Amanda! WOW!!! God is sooo amazing! Carol taught more than 400 ladies (and some men & children) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Her theme this year was "Minding your Thought, Holding/Guarding your Heart & Taming your Tongue!" This was an amazing time in God's presence. The KIDZ tent was filled with the annointing of God each and every day. The JOY of the Lord is our strength, and we already have defeated the enemy, but we need to remind ourselves of that when he tries to deceive us with his lies. We must attack him with the WORD OF GOD! If we don't, then it is just like we are "throwing water balloons at Sadaam Hussein". (HA HA, one of my favourite quotes of hers). I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the tent with Carol and the other ladies from Just Joy Ministries. Check out more about her and the Just Joy Ministry at http://www.justjoyministries.com/ . I bought her book "DEFIANT JOY" and the CD set "HEALING SCRIPTURES" and also the Devotional "Signposts, .... and I forget the rest of the title". She just exudes with the JOY of the LORD! WOW!!!! =)

My favourite THRILL RIDE..............HMMM..... that is a thought... all of the rides were cool in their own way. Some rides were of course much better than the others... but each of them gave you a different sensation. I really enjoyed the MIND ERASER, the RANGER, GRIZZLY RUN and of course the TORNADO. Whoa..... it was crazy, but it was fun to see all that God had to offer. Knowing that we were in the hands of God as we rode each and every ride was also amazing. Seeing the glorious sunsets each evening... and even on Tuesday when it POURED, it was sooo much fun. There were so many people hiding under canopies, etc trying to stay out of the rain. But nope, not me, I was splashing in the puddles, and enjoying the RAIN of GOD! I even sat down in a puddle... =)

My favourite RANDOM "star" MEETING... We stayed in a hotel in Buffalo which was about 25 minutes from Darien Lake.... but it was also the hotel where most of the other radio stations, and some musicians and speakers stayed. So at breakfast we would get the honour of eating with ROBIN MARK and his band, and the crew from GOD ROCKS! I even talked to "CHIP" (his real name is Todd). hee hee! We even got a picture with Robin Mark at breakfast... (Yes, I asked first!) There were also random speakers there too like Brett Ullman and his family and Bob Lenz. We swam at the same time as Bob Lenz on night... and then we swam with Ilia (well they were in the hot tub when we were in the pool, and then they were in the pool when we were in the hot tub. LOL!) Funny thing was Thursday AM when we were getting ready to head to Breakfast, there was a Tour Bus in the parking lot.... we were hoping it was NEWSBOYS... but we still don't really know who's bus it was. It was pretty cool overall!!

My favourite PARK FOOD.... hmmm.... it would be the CURLY FRIES & CORNDOG. Yum! The funnel cake wasn't as good as I was anticipating... it was a little greasy, and it didn't have as much icing sugar as CANADIAN ones! LOL!

One of my favourite MISCELLANEOUS MEMORIES was getting our Caricature done by ROB DUMO. (http://www.robdumoart.com/) Mark and I were Spiderman and MaryJane... LOL! It was a lot of fun! Check out his work at his website. He is pretty cool!! =) Another MEMORY is that Tammy won a spot to play on the new game "AND THE ANSWER IS"... and she got to pick a member of the audience to come draw a pic for people to guess, and Mark and I made it just in time to see her, and she "randomly" picked me!! I had to draw WISHBONE... and so the audience guessed it, Tammy got 4 points and I won a Darien Lake glass. Too cool! Tammy went on to win the game too, and she won a couple cool things.


PICTURES to come.... I took 542 pictures!! So it will be a bit to download them all!! I have to check some of them out too... they look fine on the camera, but who knows what they look like once they are online, or printed. Plus, I took a few extra pics at the BIG concerts of THIRD DAY, DELIRIOUS and NEWSBOYS... so we shall see how many pics are relatively the same!! =)


** I WISH TO THANK "GRACE FM - 105.9 - LONDON'S POSITIVE MUSIC STATION" AND CAPTAIN DALE, AND SANDRA FOR MAKING THIS TRIP POSSIBLE! MARK WON THE TRIP PASSES/ACCOMODATION AS PART OF THE PACKAGE FOR WINNING THE "ULTIMATE SUMMER TICKET". SO THANKS AGAIN GUYS, SO SORRY THAT YOU COULDN'T HAVE SHARED THE EXCITEMENT WITH US.... MAYBE NEXT YEAR!! **
(http://www.gracefm.ca/) Check 'em out... you can even STREAM music ~~ Christian Canadian music that you might no hear elsewhere!!! =)

I pray that we will be able to attend next year, if not for the entire thing, at least for one day! WOW! If you are a Christian and you enjoy music, and speakers and fun... then I totally recommend KINGDOM BOUND to you and your family. It is totally family friendly!! =) I am soooo glad to know that I am truly KINGDOM BOUND!! HALLELUJAH! =)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My MP3 Tunes... Just click PLAY and enjoy!

GOD IS ALWAYS THERE!

X and O

Place your mouse on the X below, click, and drag to the O.

X Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

XO XO GOD IS LOVE!! XO XO

Be blessed today and always!
Mitzi