Monday, May 17, 2010

Random Dozen Fun... Week #1 for me...


I've been 'blog-hopping', and found a FUN weekly activity to do...
it's called RANDOM DOZEN
and it's found HERE and then every Tuesday after...
(but because I just found it, I'm doing this one today, as a new one will be posted tomorrow.)

1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
Um, I don't really remember the 'graduation' aspect of it all, I do remember graduating, but I don't even remember receving my diploma on stage. I do know that I didn't go to the grad dinner/party, but I got memorial glasses from the grad committee. One funny remembrance that I have, does have to do with pics. My grad pics was a fun time... the photographer was hilarious, and because photographers always tell you to smile, it makes me laugh, because I always am smiling... so this guy said something, and I laughed soooo hard, that I dropped my flowers, as he was snapping the pic. He told me that I would get a copy of that one, but I never did. I have the pic basically before, and the one after where I am laughing a whole-hearted laugh (which ended up being everyone's favourite pic of me). [when I find the pic I will post it here!]


2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?
My BIBLE... =) But I guess sometimes I don't always leave it in the car. I don't just use it in times of emergency though, but it can be used in times of emergency. I'm not sure... we used to have baby wipes and we have a first aid kit... We have the BLOOD of JESUS in and over our vehicle too... so we thank God daily for His provision and protection! <3

3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?
We do have 'grad' parties, and open houses sometimes... depending on what the family has planned for the child/teen/adult. I don't think we generally call them 'open houses'... but we do have a lot of bridal showers, graduations, baby showers, weddings, etc... and there are a lot of 'showers' on my calendar... as so many women at my church are pregnant, or just had their baby... and we have a possible wedding coming up, and therefore many showers to be a part of for that one bride. I would love to attend an "OPEN HOUSE" for my *NEW* Dream Home... that we are going to purchase in the NEAR future!! =)

4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.
Motherhood is an important job -- and one that requires a lot of love, patience and prayer... (and more). As I am not yet a mother, I have priviledge of 'mothering' and teaching and training other children who are in my circle of influence. (nieces, nephews, friend's children, children's church class/Young God Chasers class, (work) daycare/Preschoolers, and more...) But as I wrote in one of my latest devotionals... "We have to show them the example, we cannot let the world teach our daughters about modesty, honesty, purity, etc... because the world does not believe in it. They allow our 'girls' to wear tight clothes (tighter than a school bag full of books); short dresses, skirts & shorts (shorter than a english paper); and low, revealing shirts or dresses (lower than the Grand Canyon)! (examples taken from today's devotional) The movies, tv shows and magazine ads all portray these 'awful' images to our young ladies, and they begin to think they have to dress like this, or act like that to be accepted in the world today. WE HAVE TO STOP THIS BEHAVIOUR, DRESS & ATTITUDES NOW! We must lead by example... especially if the young ladies in our 'circle of influence' do not have a mother, or a mother-figure who is a Christian/true woman of God." ~Mitzi Hall



5. What was the last thing you broke?
Um, I really don't know... I had to break apart my Grilled cheese Sandwich to eat it... =) Honestly, I cannot think of anything right now... (which I guess is good).

6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?
LOTS... flyers, coupons, duct cleaning services, LOL...

7. Do you like to shop by catalog?
Um, at parties like Stampin' Up, Avon, Partylite, Pampered Chef, etc... but I don't generally shop by catalogue from like stores likes SEARS, etc. I do like looking at say the WISH BOOK for example.

8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?
Lawn maintenance at our home is done by the landscaping company that our landlord hires. We rent, so we are not responsible for lawn maintenance... but technically our backyard is 'weeds', and I try to help my husband attack the weeds... LOL!

9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?
ALL OF THEM... LOL!

10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?
News is found online or on our local news TV show... but I read the paper the odd time on the weekend. COMICS are my favourite part, not the news.

11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
Darn tootin'! God is in control of EVERY situation, and knows the goings on... If there is a 'flight delay' for example, maybe we needed time to rest and recooperate, maybe there was someone at the airport that needed a 'friend' or a 'prayer' or even just a smile. Even when there are rough times, we go through them for a reason, to increase our faith, and to fully rely on Him. WE NEED HIM (GOD!)!

12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I would have to say 'doing the right things right'... LOL. Doing things right, is not always the right answer... we may do negative things 'right', but are they the 'right' things that we should be doing?? Sometimes you can spend too much of your time, trying to make things 'right' before actually doing them, and then you don't end up doing the 'right things' out of fear, or laziness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My MP3 Tunes... Just click PLAY and enjoy!

GOD IS ALWAYS THERE!

X and O

Place your mouse on the X below, click, and drag to the O.

X Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

XO XO GOD IS LOVE!! XO XO

Be blessed today and always!
Mitzi