Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Then Sings My Soul Saturdays"

Welcome to MY very first edition of "Then Sings My Soul Saturdays."

Check out the link in my sidebar, or HERE. I am posting the instructions, on this FIRST one...
 I think you are going to love this! The instructions are easy. Just write a post on your blog about a song. It can be a song that has spoken to your heart during a difficult time... a song that brings back a special memory... a song that makes you want to sing along to the top of your lungs... a song that makes you glad... a song that makes you want to dance... a song that has inspired you... a song that makes you feel like the words were written just for you... a song that makes your soul sing.

You can include the lyrics or maybe include the You Tube video. After you write the post, come back here and link your post to Mr. Linky at the bottom of the page. Then you can come back and read about all the other songs and stories that are posted.


I'm sure many of you love to worship through music and feel like God speaks to you through the words of songs just like I do. I can't wait to hear all of your stories about it :) ~~Amy Wyatt
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

PRAYER FOR A FRIEND...
CASTING CROWNS

Lord I lift my friend to You.
I've done all that I know to do.
I lift my friend, to You.
Complicated circumstances
have clouded his view.
Lord I lift my friend up to You.


I fear that I won't have the words
that he needs to hear.
I pray for Your wisdom , oh God.
And a heart that's sincere.
And Lord I lift my friend up
to You.

Lord I lift my friend to You.
My best friend in the
world, I know he means much
more to You.
I want so much to help him, but
this is something he has to do.
Lord I lift my friend up to You.

There's a way that seems so right to him.
But You know where that leads.
He's becoming a puppet of the world.
Too blind to see the strings.
And Lord I lift my friend up to You.


Lord I lift my friend to You.
I've done all that I know to do.
I lift my friend, to You

This song means alot to me right now, as I am in the midst of praying it through... there are many circumstances that I could be praying about, and many 'friends' that I am praying for. One or two come to my mind over and over, because they are struggling... and I know that left in God's hands, He can and will do the extraordinary. (IF they let Him!)
I am just so tired of them wearing their 'blinders'... too "blind to see the strings"... they are basically puppets to the world, and each other. It makes me frustrated that I CANNOT DO ANYTHING (except pray)... as the words in this song say, "I want so much to help him, but
this is something he has to do." I am also frustrated because one of them is very spiritual, and the circumstances around them are bringing them down, instead of drawing them closer to God. As the song also states, "Complicated circumstances have clouded his view."

But... this song also reminds you, when you can do nothing else, when you can say nothing else, just take it to God... "Lord I lift my friend to You. I've done all that I know to do. I lift my friend, to You."

THANK YOU LORD FOR HEARING OUR PRAYERS... and FOR BLESSING EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T ALWAYS SEE AN ANSWER RIGHT AWAY!

~God bless you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My MP3 Tunes... Just click PLAY and enjoy!

GOD IS ALWAYS THERE!

X and O

Place your mouse on the X below, click, and drag to the O.

X Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

XO XO GOD IS LOVE!! XO XO

Be blessed today and always!
Mitzi