Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook... DAY #1 Christmas Edition

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
there is alot of snow... it's finally stopped blowing and there's lots of it on the ground.

I AM THINKING
about Mark, as he is at work tonight, while I am warm and comfy at home.

I AM THANKFUL FORmy physical family, my church family, and of course salvation through Jesus! I am also thankful that I have a warm and cozy house to relax in on a cold and stormy night.

FROM THE LEARNING ROOMS
Well of course with it being December, we have moved our focus to the 'Christmas' historical facts... the word 'story' has a whole different connotation now a days. It's not just a story or a fable, it's the TRUTH. So this past week we learned about the angel visiting Mary and Joseph. Next week we are learning about the trip to Bethlehem. Phew... I love Christmas, yet it's so busy with all the Christmas Concert practices, etc. We are doing a Christmas concert for daycare on the 17th, and one for the Church on the 19th, both of which I have an important role. :) CHRISTMAS is the BEST time of the YEAR!

FROM THE KITCHEN
Well, soon as it is December, I will be trying our some Christmas baking, and I want to attempt to make yummy soups and stews in our crock pot. I also want to try a yummy roast beef dinner too! I am excited to be doing more cooking in the near future, as we do have to eat more healthier! I do love my McDonald's fries though! :)

I AM WEARING
my comfy NEWSBOYS hoodie, and my FANSHAWE joggers, as it was chilly outside, and now I'm cozy inside.

I AM REMEMBERING
Hmmm... I am remembering that I have to finish my curriculum web-sheets for work tomorrow. (but I have time later) I am remembering the love that the Saviour has for each of us. God GAVE His ONLY Son to die for us, as a sacrifice for OUR sins. What a reminder, as we celebrate His birthday this Christmas, we can also celebrate WHY He was born! <3 THANK YOU LORD!

I AM GOING
downstairs in a few minutes to do my daily WII training, and to sit and be cozy and finish some more crochet hats, maybe try to do some more invites, and maybe some Christmas Cards... but we'll see how cozy and lazy I get. :)

I AM READING
hmmm... well I still have to finish the 'Mary' portion of my "LINEAGE OF GRACE" book by Francine Rivers. The Book Club has now finished with this book, and we are starting our new one 'THE POWER OF YOUR WORDS' in January. I have picked up my 'THE ME I WANT TO BE' book again, as I really want to start the small group in the NEW YEAR!

I AM HOPING
that we have a 'SNOW DAY' tomorrow... then I can have another cozy day inside. But work will be okay tomorrow as long as it is NOT an indoor day! :)

I AM HEARING
pretty much silence... I didn't put on any music while I was at the computer, so basically I can just hear my fingers typing on the keyboard.

I AM PRAYING
for Mark and my family and friends who are not home on this snowy day. May the Lord keep His angels around those of you that have to travel in this snowy weather.

ON MY MIND
the above... the Christmas concert(s)... the Christmas TOP-SECRET presents at FDN... if I am ever going to get to the end of this daybook... LOL!

I AM PONDERING THESE WORDS
"Only GOD can turn a MESS into a MESSage, a TEST into a TESTimony, a TRIal into a TRIumph, a VICTim into a VICTory. GOD is GOOD... all the time!"

AROUND THE HOUSE
hee hee, there is still a bit of a mess... piles here and there, which will be tidied somewhat so we can DECORATE for CHRISTMAS... we were supposed to have the tree up already, but one thing after another came up, and we haven't got there yet! Hopefully this week!

I AM CREATING
still wedding invites... handed the Bride-to-be 1/3 of the invites today, have to finish like 12 more. I am creating Crochet hats and want to create critter caps, and critters soon too! Of course I am still creating hand-stamped/handmade cards and papercraft items too, especially at Christmas!

ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS
THE COLOUR BLUE... tis' why I chose to do the headings in BLUE this time around.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK
We shall see... "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

PICTURE FOR THOUGHT
I really wanted to go out on my lawn tonight and make a snow angel... yet it was too chilly, and I was comfy cozy. So here's a pic of me last year making an angel on our lawn!


Be blessed, and be a blessing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what do you do for your Wii training? We are getting a Wii for Christmas, and I'm hoping it will inspire me to do some exercise!

dtbrents said...

I love your picture. I have had my Wii fit for a year and haven't used it yet. Does it work? Happy New Year~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My MP3 Tunes... Just click PLAY and enjoy!

GOD IS ALWAYS THERE!

X and O

Place your mouse on the X below, click, and drag to the O.

X Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

XO XO GOD IS LOVE!! XO XO

Be blessed today and always!
Mitzi